(Northern) California Parkist

The dogs and I are avid park visitors. Join us as we document our wanderings, mostly in northern California. We visit all jurisdictions -- United States National Parks, State Parks, County, Regional and City Parks -- we love open spaces!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sonoma County Regional Parks: Maxwell (Boyes Hot Springs)

Brix and I trekked through Maxwell Park this afternoon.  We were there for about 45 minutes and walked a bit over a half mile, stopping here and there to observe.

The photo is blurry, I know, but I only had my cellphone with me.  The big blobs are turkey vultures - there are four here -- and later we saw others swooping and soaring.  It's been a mystery to me how such an ugly bird can have the most beautiful flight pattern of any I see around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment