(Northern) California Parkist

The dogs and I are avid park visitors. Join us as we document our wanderings, mostly in northern California. We visit all jurisdictions -- United States National Parks, State Parks, County, Regional and City Parks -- we love open spaces!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

California State Parks: Lachryma Montis (Sonoma)


I was a docent this rainy afternoon at General Vallejo's home.  Demi and I walked 1/3 mile near and around the property while waiting for visitors.

We always bring tourists through this entrance, but it's actually the back door!  The porch on the opposite side is identical, but when you enter that door the staircase leading to the second floor is facing, exactly as it should be.  But I like to imagine the General sitting on this side - his study is the first room on the right - and considering his contributions to the community and beyond. I'm sure that's what's on Demi's mind too.

No comments:

Post a Comment