(Northern) California Parkist

The dogs and I are avid park visitors. Join us as we document our wanderings, mostly in northern California. We visit all jurisdictions -- United States National Parks, State Parks, County, Regional and City Parks -- we love open spaces!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sonoma County Regional Parks: Sonoma Valley (Glen Ellen)

Not all of my park visits are about seeing a park. Sometimes it's about slowing down and having time to breathe.

Today I was driving in rush hour traffic, or what passes for such here in Sonoma County. I was traveling East on Route 12 from Santa Rosa and had already passed three deer that I wanted to meet and greet.

I was still heavily scheduled so all I could manage was a five minute pause at the next park that I passed, in this case, Sonoma Valley Regional Park. There were at least a dozen dogs frolicking in the dog park, the parking lot was respectably full and I had just enough time to get out of my car, take a deep breath, snap this photo and continue on my way. That was it - but I'm glad I took those five minutes, it made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment