(Northern) California Parkist

The dogs and I are avid park visitors. Join us as we document our wanderings, mostly in northern California. We visit all jurisdictions -- United States National Parks, State Parks, County, Regional and City Parks -- we love open spaces!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

California State Parks: Petaluma Adobe (Petaluma)

This afternoon I was the docent on duty (with Demi as my sidekick) at Petaluma Adobe.  I gave more tours in 2-1/2 hours today than I did in all of 2010! Maybe it was the splendid weather - look at that blue sky in the photo - but the weekend and the weather was bringing out visitors from Benicia, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Petaluma, Marin County and Sonoma. It was great to tell them about a venue that I love!

Prickly pear cactus provides "barbed wire" fencing to
  keep the cattle inside.









No comments:

Post a Comment