(Northern) California Parkist

The dogs and I are avid park visitors. Join us as we document our wanderings, mostly in northern California. We visit all jurisdictions -- United States National Parks, State Parks, County, Regional and City Parks -- we love open spaces!

Monday, January 3, 2011

City of Sonoma: Stone Field (aka Field of Dreams)


Another section of open space along the Sonoma Bike Path is this one, variously named as Field of Dreams and Stone Field. Today there were signs posted saying that the two playing fields were closed, and when I tried to walk on the field to squint at the teeny-tiny sign that names the field, my boots squished in the wettest soil I've ever walked. It looks so green and lush on the surface, but I was sinking toward China after only a few paces.

Aside from the playing fields - greatly used in clement weather - the area is dog friendly for canines on leashes, as Brix and Demi were. Another day, when things dry out, I'll let them walk the perimeter and across the soft grass. They'll love it!

You know, I'm not exactly certain that the City of Sonoma owns this property. It is so poorly labeled and butts up against what I know is Vallejo property (State of California), that it is possible that it actually belongs to the State. When I find out I'll correct my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment